Sunday, June 5, 2011

Post CapTex Week

Took it easy this week after last week's Olympic triathlon. Arms and legs were pretty sore until Wednesday.
I did find out on Wednesday that they had calculated the swim times incorrectly and they took almost five minutes off my previously recorded time. I was able to go under 3 hours for the race. Pretty stoked about that given the limited amount of training I put in and considering I was hoping to stay under the 3-hour mark. I met my goals despite that painful run.
On Saturday I participated in the ATLAS Ride 70-miler. The ride started on part of the course Claude, Dean, Chris, and I rode during our February training camp a couple of years ago. It was a beautiful ride on a beautiful day of partly cloudy skies and little wind. I tried to push the pace and had a strong 50 miles before my legs started feeling Monday's triathlon. The last 20 miles called for a little more work in the small ring than I had hoped. :)
The Texas4000 is a group of UT students who will ride their bikes over the next few months from Cedar Park, TX to Anchorage, Alaska...a distance over 4500 miles!!! The ATLAS Ride is a fundraiser and a way to see them off on their incredible journey to raise money for the fight against cancer. What a wonderful way for these kids to spend their summer vacation!
Last night, I offered to babysit our neighbor's three kids while the wife and Jennifer went out with some of other neighborhood ladies to celebrate one of their birthdays. The husband was out of town on business. Imagine me babysitting 5 kids?! They were all very well-mannered and behaved and everything went well. I even got a movie in I'd been wanting to watch.
I plan to take it easy today hanging out with the family and enjoying another beautiful day in Round Rock, TX.
Make it a great week! Kia Kaha!

No comments: