Sunday, July 10, 2011

Grandma Rosie Comes to Texas

Started back on my hundred push-up and 200 sit-up programs this week. My son is doing the program with me and we are one week in. I didn't get any other workouts in other than a nice 30-minute run on Saturday. It was my first run in a month and it was nice to be back on the road and trail. I wore my new Fila skele-toes and despite a few blisters (expected when using new running shoes that require no socks), I had a really nice run. I negative split by 2:30 minutes and felt really fast and strong coming home. I have to admit, however, to having major soreness in my calves last night and today. I think I went out a bit too fast considering I hadn't run in over four weeks. The skele-toes make you run in a natural forefoot position and that activates those calf muscles. Look forward to more running in them and strengthening my form.
My grandmother is visiting with us this week. It's been really nice to have her with us and I love watching our kids interact with their great-grandmother. It also enabled Jenn and me to have a date night last night. Our second date night in as many weeks. We are getting spoiled.
Have been enjoying watching the Tour de France. I tape the morning edition each day and watch it in the evenings. Find myself learning a lot about racing and learning the racer and team names. Grandma Rose, Jenn, and the kids have been enjoying it with me. We are all TDF fans.
Watching the Tour has me itching to ride but unfortunately, both my TT and road bike need some mechanical work and I've just not had time to take them in for servicing. We travel to Houston starting Wednesday through the weekend, so it will probably be another week before I get them in for servicing. Wish I knew a little more about bike mechanics.
Claude and I have unveiled the Travelete brand in beta. We have our Facebook page up, our blog is up and running, and our Twitter page is tweeting daily. Please connect with us on all these pages and be on the lookout for our website and forum coming soon. We'd be honored if you'd share these pages with your friends and family. Building our following is important in this early beta stage. The more feedback we get in these early stages, the stronger our product will be in the end.
I hear Schmidt Dog is in England before traveling to France for the TDF. Dennis is dancing Euro Rican music in Louisville. Jeremy continues traveling all over the US. Claude is new pit man with AFLAC NASCAR. And Ashley is considering a job transition into car sales. Lots of exciting stuff going in your lives.
Make it a great week! Kia Kaha!

No comments: