Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bacon Weekly- 2/1 - 2/7

Mon- Swim drills and 400 FS
Tues- 2.5 miles hill sprints, 1 mile warm, 1.5 sprints (Silver Spring, MD 35 degrees, ice&snow)
Wed- 3 miles at 8:48 avg (outside)
Thurs- 4 miles at 9:45 (2 miles treadmill and 2 miles track)
Fri- Off
Sat- 3 miles- indoor track run @ 9:45 avg
Sun- 12 miles @ 10:03 avg, 34 degrees (sun and brutal wind)


Another travel week that resulted in positive training results...after the San Diego trip I was concerened that another travel week might derail my efforts, but pushed through schedule and got everything in and didn't over-work myself to do it...just satyed focused. That said, my hill sprint run in Silver Spring was extreme because of the icy road conditions in some spots and I certainly risked falling at that fast pace, but made it none the less. That said, it wasn't Bear Grylls extreme, but tough enough to keep my attention. Feeling particularly speedy on some some days and not so on others, but I truly believe the training has taken hold and making me stronger and more efficient. I finally lost a few coveted punds this last week as I tweaked a few items in my diet (and that wasn't twinkies for all you smart guys)...just cut back on extra carbs and added some addtional protein to keep me full and it seems to have paid off...we'll see...my training was not afftected by cutting back, so it seems likely that I was overeating to compensate for the additional miles. Sunday's 12 miles was brutal...the sun was out which can make for a warmer 34 degrees but the wind was relentless....I described it like the character Pigpen from Charlie Brown...you know the guy with the big dirt cloud that followed him everywhere....well that was the wind for me....every turn, no matter the direction...it blew in my face even harder and made for a mental challenge... a few less miles this week before another big run of increased miles....Keep moving, Claude

No comments: