Monday, November 15, 2010

Karl's Weekly Update

Mon-Friday Core work
Saturday 1 hour bike trainer session
Sunday 1 hour run with my new kicks

Sorry for not posting last week. No excuse other than I let the weekend and subsequent week get away from me. The weather is great and the family and I have been pretty active the last few weekends...not that we ever sit still for long.

I can't believe that a year ago this week Mark and I were only a week away from IMAZ. I send best wishes to all those triathletes, especially the first time IM distance racers, participating in next week's race. I know how those nerves must be churning right now. Trust in your training and have fun. Those 9-17 hours will go by in a flash!

As I think that my year hiatus is about to pass, thoughts of what 2011 might bring start filling my head. I already have the MS 150 on the calendar (a 2-day bike ride from Houston to Austin in support of Multiple Sclerosis research) but beyond that it's yet to be seen. I have to get past my February conference before I can think of devoting greater time and energy to new goals. There is also a lot of worry and paranoia about what kind of news the New Year will bring at work. The legislature comes back and already the newspapers are discussing potential cuts of up to 25% or more in highered in Texas. I can tell you that would be devastating to us. Definite motivation to get out and work off some stress through a long run or bike ride. Oh, well, can't worry about what is yet to pass. The Cowboys win last night is evidence miracles can happen.

You will notice I'm posting more endurance sports-related articles throughout the week. I hope you'll take time to peruse them. Great information in the ones I post. Trying to stay with the most relevant and interesting articles so as not to waster your time.

I'll end by sharing the story that our daughter learned to ride her bike without training wheels this weekend...all by herself. The first thing she said to me was, "Now I can do triathlons, Daddy!" Putting aside the fact she can't swim, you can imagine how proud that made me.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: