Monday, November 15, 2010

Sprinting for the line

So when is it time to sprint for the line? That is a great question, and the answer depends on your fitness and where you are in the race. Once you go, can you maintain it to the line? I don't have much to report on the fitness training end of things. Most of my workouts are more for family time and stress relief. I am however intensely focused on the finish line with my semesters course work. I have more deadlines then I can begin to describe for my doctorate program and I am determined to meet all of them so I can enjoy the Christmas break.

With 4-5 weeks left I am concentrating all my energy on 9 research papers, a culminating performance presentation, a final research stats homework assignment, and wrapping up two practicums with a detailed report. Add in some administrative forms for my committee and I have a load with several weeks left.

The thing is I can feel myself getting fired up for the push, while I have wiggle room, I don't want it. Instead I want to complete all of this before Christmas so that I can sit back and relax with my family. That is my victory prize, that is my winning time, my podium finish. We all have races to run, and we all have finish lines. It is so important to follow our race plan, make adjustments when necessary, and sprint for victory when the time is right.

Look out boys, the Big Dog is close to starting his sprint.

Be well brothers!!

L3-Live, Learn, and Lead
Schmidty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Terrific post! Thank you, Schmidt Dog! Keep up the great work. It's inspiring to experience your doctorate dream alongside you. Proud of you!