Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bacon Weekly- Thanksgiving

Mon- Legs and Shoulders, core
Tues- Arms and back, core
Wed- chest and triceps, core
Thur- off
Fri- off
Sat-off
Sun- 3 miles at 7:45 avg

Had a great workout week and even better Thanksgiving with family and fun for all. Crammed all my strnegth workouts in the beginning of the week so I could chill for a few days. Lots of deer hunting and spanked a bunch of ducks graced my time off. I can guarentee that the tromp throught the swamp was in fact a workout....sweat city! Most important, Samantha had a good recovery week withh her foot and was finally able to get upright and walk in the boot. Her pain is getting better too...really proud of her...she has complained minimally and took the pain like a champ...she would be a great triathlete..... The strength training is coming along very nice and the program is paying off...I;m seeing some significant gains in weight and strength, although some of the weight is from holiday treats too.....big decision has been made....my original plan was to do the 1/2 ironman in Orlando, but after much deliberation, I;ve decided to do the 1/2 in Austin in October.....the later race gives me plenty of ramp up time after strength training this fall and lets me take my time and enjoy the spring and summer races too and end the season with my A race....my hope is the other TTT will consider this race as well and we can make it a big TTT event....We'll discuss more about this event soon

No comments: