Monday, November 23, 2009

Bacon weekly

Mon-Sat- 3 runs

Sun- 2009 Owensboro Turkey Run

First, I can't wait for the Miller's race reports. I followed via ironman website from morning till night and with Jennifer by phone. I kept these boys in my thoughts many,many times during the day and night. I cannot express how proud I am of you guys. You guys had many followers during the day......Brent thomas called me twice and was following you too! Dino and I talked and Schmidt and I talked multiple times during the day too. Can;t wait for the report.

As for my Sunday, I had a Ironman of sorts too. Started with a 4:30 a.m. deer hunt in Madisonville, got out of the stand at 7:15 and back to Owensboro for Sunday School and Church; then followed that by the Oboro Turkey run at 2 p.m. and pulled a personal best for that race. I ran 40:51 last year and pulled something in the 39:50 range thiss year (the chip timer bailed and didn't record my time, but I saw the clock and had my watch too), so about a minute faster than last year...I'm super pleased with an 8 minute mile average in November, recovering from the surgery, and wiped out from the deer hunt so I'll take it... I used Karl and Mark as motivation..so thanks guys....maybe you guys could do an Ironman during each of my races and I'll keep on besting?

No comments: