Sunday, November 8, 2009

Remember Me?

Just a small update on my situtation: Stuggling with not being able to do crap... I have a torn meniscus in my left knee which causes a clicking sound and much pain if used much at all...... Scheduled to have athroscopic surgery on Nov 17th. should be out of work and recovered by January 1, 2010. It drains me to think that it took 2 years to get in beautiful shape and have the abilities to run a marathon (26.2) and complete a 100 mile century bike ride... then in 2 months, I lost it all. However, Im done with my pity party and have decided to be patient and realize that I will run,bike, and swim again someday (soon)...... Being that Im basically starting over, Ive researched some material about running, about getting out of my current job, and about life in gereral. With this material, Im beginning to get out of my depressed state of mind. Therefore, I recommend the following reading material: "ChiRunning" at chirunning.com and "The Runners Guide to The Meaning Of LIfe" by Amby Burfoot. Both are really cool books... Chirunning is little more technical and dry, but very imformative. The book by Burfoot is brilliant. He is also a really cool individual. Ive spoke with him a few times through emails and he is really down to earth and vibrates at a high frequency level... He is the 1968 Boston marathon winner and presently Executive editor of "Runners World" magazine... and still took the time to email me and autograph my book..... Anyway, hope all is well with you guys and your injuries.... Cluade is back and be patient... it will come again. Karl and Mark is approaching a pivital point in life with their Ironman race.... good luck! Give it hell men.... life is a journey..... keep climbing those mountains and I'll do the same

dino

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you, old timer (how's that 40 treating you?)! I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Do what you need to do and take care to recover properly. You'll only come back more eager than ever and with your dedication, you'll be back better than ever in short order.
Love that you are conversing with Burfoot. I've heard about him and I've done some reading on ChiRunning. No doubt there is some worthwhile stuff there.
I hope we all get a chance to race together again in 2010.
All my best to you and your family. I'll plan to "give it hell" this weekend in your honor!