Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dinos Weekly

Wed: First 2 miler after surgery: 14:45 pace (speed walk)-15 min. bike (trainer)
Thur: 2 miles at 12:25 pace.... speed walking and very slow jog on straights
15 min. bike trainer - core
Sun: 3 mile jog at 9:45 pace, 30 min. bike and core

First of all, congrats to all new Ironmen of our group. well done, well documented, and well deserved. As for me, I feel like I accomplished an ironman this week. Havnt really been released to do any thing physical yet. However, had to go for a walk on wed... Things felt good and I focused on every step and incorporated the midfoot strike with some chi running. Im icing and anti-inflamatory for the knee. It was progressed nicely this week.... very happy. Im starting physical therapy tommorrow... hopefully will get the remainder of swelling out and increase the range of motion. Already looking forward to my next race. Looking at a New Years Resolution 5k in Nashville, Tn on Jan. 1. This will keep me off the juice and focused on the new year. I know it will be a slow paced run for me, just want to get back in the flow (last race was July 4) Just real optimistic about my recovery, just want to take things slowly and shed this 10 pounds I gained since Sep 3. also want to kick this depression I gained by not being able to run. Very thankful to have something to write about this week.

Dino is back (a little)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great report, Dino. Glad to see you recuperating. Heck, you took 5 minutes off your pace just this week. Listen to your body and she'll tell you what to do. Listen to the doctors, too.
A New Years Resolution run is appropriate given it will be your gateway into 2010. Be patient, keep moving, and before you know it, you'll be back to breaking personal records.
Great to have you on the road back!