Sunday, November 8, 2009

Road to Ironman Arizona (11/02-11/08/09)

Monday Rest Day

Tuesday 2:05 hours tempo bike (40 min. at threshold)

Wednesday 54 minute tempo run (34 min. at threshold)

Thursday 1 hour bike (was scheduled at 2 hours but work and family schedule caused me to cut it short)

Friday Off Day

Saturday 4 hour bike/run brick (3 hour bike/1 hour run)

Sunday 1:05 hour run; 5000 yard swim (2.84 miles)

Two weeks from today is the big day!

Had a great first week of tapering. Felt a little tired early in the week, but after a couple of rest days I felt much stronger at the end of the week. I did have some muscle soreness in my neck that caused me some discomfort on the run Saturday, but after some heat Saturday night and a good swim on Sunday, it feels much better tonight. I’ll monitor this and providing heat and soreness cream as needed.

I took my bike to Jack and Adams this past week to get my new chain tweaked and put on new tires. TriBike Transport sent my confirmation and I am to deliver my bike to Jack and Adams on Nov. 15 for transport to Tempe. It will be waiting for me on the race course when I arrive on Friday, Nov. 20. I also got my new Mizuno Precision running shoes and put a few hours on them this week. They are another few grams lighter than my previous pair and feel light and smooth.

I travel to New Orleans for business tomorrow and have to leave early in the morning, so I’ll make tomorrow my rest day for this week. I will get a tempo run in on Tuesday morning. I look forward to my last full taper week this week before next week’s 3-hour total workout schedule prior to race day.

I will make my list of nutrition requirements and continue monitoring the weather to determine if any special clothing will be needed (rain jacket, for example). Anything I can do now to take a little stress out of our travel and pre-race day, I want to do. Also, in an effort to keep active and my anxiety down, we have several family activities planned during the next couple of weeks.

My best wishes go out to all my TTT brothers and to all those who keep up with them. I look forward to hearing what all of you have been up to.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: