Monday, July 5, 2010

Bacon Weekly June 27 - July 4th

Sun- Off
Mon- 3 mile run- easy
Tues- 3 mile run- easy
Wed- 15 mile bike- easy
Thurs- swim- 30 minutes
Fri- 3 mile run- fast
Sat- off
Sun- 15 mile bike


No excuses for the lack of posting...other than an injury which set me back about 2 weeks and little to report; however back on track now. The injury started on vacation playing with the kids in the pool. A pain in the left glute lead me early on to believe that I had torn a muscle; however a small slip of the L5 vertebrae pinched the sciatic nerve and lead to a pain running all the way through the hip, down the leg and into the toes....I have a new respect for this injury...I was powerless on the left side of the body. Came home and headed straight to the chiropractor for my first visit ever and he squared me away in about 1 week. A variance of easy exercises the week before this one and this past week got me back 100%, but still did easy effort for the most part...emerging this week much stronger... Have a race this weekend...48k bike and 10K run! Headed out for a heated training run now....Samantha just back and running the 5k this Saturday too!

No comments: