Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week In Review- Karl

Monday- Day Off
Tuesday- Grandmother returned home
Wednesday-Friday Rest
Saturday- 1 hour on bike trainer
Sunday- 1 hour run

My apologies for not posting last week. My grandmother came into town from California and we spent the weekend enjoying her company and taking her around Austin.

Thursday was our son's 12th birthday. We celebrated at Cheesecake Factory and came home for ice cream, cake, and presents. On Friday, one of his friends came over to spend the night. It was a late night of Wii, movies, and pizza.

After my bike trainer workout on Saturday, the boys and I went to Blazer Tag, the largest laser tag arena in Texas. The first game included 26 people and three teams. My team won and I came in 2nd place. The second game was just the three of us. The "old man" showed the youngsters a thing or two about laser tag by taking first place. We had a blast!

Had a really nice run this morning. I started around 7am just as the sun was rising. It was cooler and shadier on the trail. After breakfast, we cleaned the house in preparation for my mom and dad who arrive today from Dallas. They arrived there from Puerto Rico on Friday to spend a couple of days with Mark and his family. They'll stay with us through Tuesday before flying back to P.R.

Congrats to Bighead on his engagement; I hope Ashley had a wonderful time in Dollywood with his niece and family; best wishes to Mark as he recuperates from a broken foot bone; look forward to hearing all about SchmidtDog's trip to the Tour de France; great to hear from Dino last week; and I look forward to hearing more about Claude's new training plan we discussed by phone last week.

Hope you boys are enjoying the Texas heat in Kentucky. This time last year we'd had 30 days over 100 degrees. This year, only one or two. I'm happy to let someone else have it for a while. :-)

Kia Kaha!

No comments: