Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bacon Weekly- race report


Mon- 4 mile run (fast)
Tues- 1350 Swim (various)
Wed- 15 mile bike
Thurs- 1200 Swim (vaious)
Fri- Off-
Sat- Hilliard Lyons Health and 10k/5k Fitness Classic
Sun- Off
A huge fitness weekend for the Bacons! Hadley made the newspaper with this photo and took second place in her race and got her first trophy! She was pumped! Maggie Beth was in a 4-way tie for third in her race, but another runner was chosen outright, but she was still excited. Samantha performed the best off all of us running her 5k in 28:49 and placing 6th of 20 in her age group, 66 of 159 females, and 159 of 306 all competitors....this shaved about 3.5 minutes off her best 5k time....she might be hooked! We were all excited for her and I could tell she wants more! I started the morning with a 48K bike that's technically called a ride, but it's always turns into a race...I stayed with the main peleton through mile 15, averaging in the 22 mph average; then some hills came and I had to pull back...finished with a comfortable 18.7 mph average for the 30 miles and felt good about my time and bike...performed well on the hills which I felt the most satisfaction from. Later in the afternoon, I stepped up to the 10k race line and while the legs felt a bit heavy from the ride, I posted a nice run which garnered me a 3rd place medal in the 10k; however the full results page this morning has me at 4th...so who knows, but I'll call the race director and see the deal cause if the other really beat me, I'll surrender the medal...might be the guys first piece of hardware, not that I have many, but not my first. I ran a 49:25, so a 8:02 avg mile and I was very pleased with that time. The fitness lifestyle served the Bacons well this weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrific post! So proud of the entire Bacon clan. You and Samantha are setting a great example for the girls and it looks like they are definitely paying attention.
You guys put up some great times and got the hardware to prove it. All I ever get are participation medals. :)
Give all your girls my congrats and kudos to you for representing the TTT in great fashion...as you always do.
Kia Kaha!

Schmidty said...

The picture is absolutely awesome!! Then I read the post and I find out the entire family is setting the example for all of us. Proud of you taking the initiative for this healthier lifestyle and sharing it with your family. You better look out, Samantha is closing in on you.