Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Update- Karl

Sorry for not posting last week. This time last week I was on my way to the KIPP Renaissance School in the 9th Ward of New Orleans to do community service. It was the perfect start to a great week. The conference was magnificent, if I do say so myself, and we had a lot of comments affirming that. From newcomers to 20+ year veterans, we had CASE members tell us it was among the, if not THE, best conference experience of their career. After a tough week at my day job the week before that ended with me getting an “ass-chewing”, it was a welcome and needed experience.

Monday-Wednesday: CASE FUSION

Got to meet Liz Murray, James Carville, and Mary Matalin.   Watch the Liz Murray story tonight at 8pm EST on Lifetime Movie Network with your kids. Maybe they’ll think about it next time they think they have it tough or don’t think they  can do something because of their life or where they grew up.

Thursday-Friday: Off

Slept for 12 hours Wednesday night. I have not slept 12 hours in one night in nearly 20 years.

Had a block party on our cul de sac on Friday afternoon. Met one of my new neighbors and it turns out he’s a cyclist. We plan to ride together soon.

Saturday: 1:30 endurance bike ride on the trainer

Sunday: 55 minutes endurance run. Negative split by 1:30 minutes.

I had to make a tough call last night and cancel my entry into the MS 150 ride. I haven’t had time to fundraise properly for it (needed to raise at least $400) and the logistics of getting to Houston and scheduling hotels just got to be too much. I’m just going to put my efforts into preparing for the CapTex Tri and keep my training and racing close to home.

Make it a great week, All.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: