Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bacon Weekly

First of all, sorry for a few weeks of not posting...the fitness lifestyle has been there but just didn't find time to post it...in the weeks since my last posting week, my strength program ended and I entered the next phase of training. On the strength training part, 4 months of planned training yielded big results for me..in muscle size and increased strength..I have all the stats at work, but to say all muscles measured...saw increases bewteen .75 and 1 inch..biceps, chest, thighs, calfs, shoulders...weight increased in amjor way too as I greatly increased my max and rep capacity from week one. Since the program ended, I've been on the trainer and running many miles...serious ear incfections have kept me from the water in the past 3 weeks but it's over now and swimming enters back next week. I have been steadily on the road every week but still making time for at least 1 run while I;m away...rund are averaging in the 4-5 mile range with times in the 8's, 9's.... I stated making my race calendar this past week and palcing my training dates appropriatly and my goal still stands to do the Austin 70.3 in October..

Mon- 4.2 miles Tues- travel
Wed- 2 miles Atlanta hotel outside
Thurs- travel
Fri- off
Sat- travel to Cincy 8 hours in car...that's a workout
Sun- 5 miles in the rain 63 degrees (my favorite run) no watch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friggin Schwarzenegger! Great stuff, Bacon. No doubt this muscle building program will see improved tri results, especially the longer the race. The longer you can put off muscle fatigue, the better. Combine that with increased endurance and you'll be unstoppable!
Liking that Austin 70.3 in October. Let me know when you pull the trigger on registration. I just may have to join you for that adventure. Just make sure you get some hill work in. Quadzilla will be waiting!
Great work, brother! Look forward to keeping up with your year's exploits.