Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- off
Tues- Swim (700 meters)
Wed- 45 minute easy run
Thurs-Tempo Run (1 mile warm,6 miles 8:30, .5 cool down) Swim- cancelled (storm)
Fri-45 easy run
Sat- 13 mile long run
Sun- off

Got back in the training groove after making some decisions to completly focus on the Derby 1/2 marathon race in a few weeks. The change juiced me back up and regained my focus for the race. My watch ran out of juice during the long run so don't know anything about it other than I got thirsty a time or two cause I just didn't plan my bottle placements so well (don't have my fuel belt yet) and HATE carrying my bottle. And I took 1 honey stinger, 1 cliff bar, 1 bottle pure protein, and 1 bottle water and still felt like I needed more, so I'll add a 2nd gel for race simulation next week, plus another bottle. Swimming took a big turn for me this week as I did my first 500 meters in a row. Also realized,through help of Karl, that my first tri-swim is only 800 meters and I was thinking it was 1600. This helped me mentally a great deal cause I was struggling after the 500 and was going to find it difficult to be at 1600 by June. The revaltion gave me a huge lift going into this weeks training. If I come out of the water in decent shape, I think I can score well overall cause I feel good on the bike and even better in the run...put'em all together and I see how I feel!

2 comments:

DinoBravo said...

proud of you for your swim gains... Id love to be able to do a 500 meter swim.......

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that swim is coming along. Keep working it. You'll be at 800m + in no time.
Get that fuel belt! Liquid nutrition is easier on the heart rate due to being easier to digest. And, after getting used to running with it, you'll run even faster when you don't wear it on race day.
You're going to have a super race. You've already done it!