Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon-off
Tues- Swim (approx 800 total meters of training; not consecutive)
Wed- 4 mile run
Thurs-2 mile hotel run (cruddy treadmill)
Fri- 3 mile run(easy pace in rain)
Sat- 4 miles race pace (supposed to do 6 race pace and 6 easy)
Sun-off

All in all a decent week, but just didn't have it together for my long run on Saturday...wind was blowing and was a bit cold, my watch was on the fritz, stayed frustrated and just didn't want to finish the entire run...this is the first time this has happened and don't expect it often,but it happens I guess. I'm over it. Picked up a wicked stich today and it's put me down...traveling to Atlanta tomorrow and hope the car trip helps versus hurts...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing. You have to listen to your body rather than just blindly following your scheduled program.
Hope your stitch gets worked out.
Like I commented with Dennis, enjoy your taper and trust your training. Remember to pace yourself and finish strong. You'll kill it. Can't wait to get the race report. Kia Kaha!