Monday, September 14, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 1250 swim (1000M constant)
tues- 3mile run
Wed- swim drills
Thurs- nada
Fri- 800 m swim
Sat-off
Sun- 5 mile run at HR zone 2


This week initially was to consist of pre-operation workouts to stay fit; however I was selected for jury duty and the trail has lasts through today (monday), so I had to postpone the surgery for Wed. the 23rd...disappointed cause that puts my recovery time to a point where I'll likely miss the BG 10K classic. I had at least hoped to run the 5k with Samantha...we'll see...

Was feeling motivated this past Monday and swam my first 1000M straight swim...really just to see of I could do it...I did and could have gone much further....my confidence continues to build in the swim...

Samantha bought her ceremonial first pair of "real" running shoes this weekend...got her the Adidas Supernova..... we wet tested her feet and thankfully she's neutral...so many options were available.

Samantha and I are reading (and do the daily exercises) for the book "One Month To Live" by Kerry and Chris Shook http://www.onemonthtolive.com/ We started yesterday and part of the assignement was to ask someone or a group to mark 30 days from yesterday on a calendar and ask me how my life has changed at that time. Our church is leading this exercise. Even after only 1 day, I would highly reccomend you and yours reading and doing the exercises. The basic premise is if you knew you had only 30 days to live; how would your life change. Then navagating why you're not living that way everyday...check it out, but please ask me how my life has changed in 30 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you may miss the BG 10K. They'll be plenty more races in your future my friend. Get that hernia taken care of and don't get too antsy too fast. Imagine all you've accomplished in the past year. 2010 will bring that and more!
Real proud of Samantha. Wish her the best. Getting in the right pair of shoes is a great start.
The book sounds great. I've found that endurance athletics is my drug and my religion at the same time. It has done more for my peace of mind and mental well being than anything else I've ever found.
If I knew I only had 30 days to live, I'd quit my job, run/bike/swim all morning every morning, and spend the rest of each day with my family.
And I'm sure I'd get at least one last epic adventure with my Team Topper Tri brothers!
Kia Kaha!