Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bacon weekly

Mon- 1000M swim
Wed- 900M swim
Sat- 2 mile easy run
Sun- Holiday Hustle 5k

Awesome week....had some cool swims....they all make me feel better about my overall fitness, but the cherry on top of the week was the Holiday Hustle 5k....pulled a personal best 5k at 22:43...can't believe I did this at 26 degrees and after the LinGate Christmas party (stayed out till about 11; then raced at 7 a.m.).... my overall finish results were 26/141...my lungs were crushed at these temps, but just kept pumping it out.... the 2nd place finisher had been tracking me down for about a mile and I kept seeing him get closer each time and that likely pushed my pace up a bit too. I didn't know he was in my group, but thought he looked about my same age and knew that if he passed me and he knocked me out of a spot that I would not be happy and sure enough I held him off and beat him by 5 seconds and took the first place finish....maybe all those days chasing ducks in zero degree temps have adapted my body for cold weather running!

No comments: