Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 900 swim- 100wu 400FS-20sec-400FS- 100cd
Tues- 4 miles- Zone 1 and 2
Wed- nothing
Thurs-Birthday- Apple Pie-lunch and Cherry Pie Dinner (add 2 pds to butt)
Fri- nothing
Sat- Holiday party (travel)
Sunday- 4 miles at 10 min pace, 34 degrees

Had a really fun week and can add a total of about 4 pds to the overal weight...2 holiday parties and a birthday about sank the eating ship...The first Christmas party was pizza and wings and your boy went to work...my birthday was filled with a "ole 69'r" steak and a homemade cherry pie from my sweetie; then topped it off with another Christmas party last night and did another champion-type eating display....in all the food I did find time to get 3 days in this week.

The run today was brutal..wind blowing and 34 degrees brought me inside a mile sooner than I had planned...actually after the first 3 miles I actually started warming up. I'll need to get familiar with these cold runs as my marathon training begins on Jan 1,2, or 3.... I'll be modifying an 18 week program back to about 16 weeks in preperation for the Derby marathon in April. As you may remember, I ran my first half marathon there last year and would like it to be my first marathon as well..struggling with that running schedule and the cold weather a bit, but I'll make it and likely be stronger for it in the end....if bitter cold or snow brings me inside, I'll go back to old school and hit the t-mill again to get in the distances.

My ipod busted last week after the Holiday Hustle run...I think the 26 degree temps knocked it out! Have been running without it and actually enjoying it more than I thought as I have been running with it exclusively...you guys know me..I;m too cheap to buy another one so I ordered the part I think is broken and see if I can get her back working this week.

If I don't have the chance to talk with you guys before the big day....Merry Christmas!!!!!!

No comments: