Friday, June 18, 2010

Bacon Race Report- Lakewood Valley Triathlon

Another late post, so sorry for the delay, but just as soon as the race was over last Saturday, I headed to my 20 year high school reunion; then left for vacation the next morning so I was crushed. With the kids still in bed on the day before our vacation is over; I finally have a few minutes to update. Vacation is great and the kids are having a blast. The resort offered a movie in the pool last night on a big screen and I think it was the highlight of the trip; Shrek 3 in the pool was a huge hit. It also inspired to add a movie screen to my backyard:) The high school reunion was awesome...so great to see so many of my good friends from my past...plenty of stories were told for sure, many which cannot be posted:)

The Lakewood Valley Triathlon was a key race for me this year as many of you know, it was my first triathlon and first open water swim (in competition or practice) last year and I pulled myself from the swim in huge dissappointment to follow. The open water panic had set in on that day and consumed me. No longer I say, no longer...the confidence I gained in the past year lead me to a successful finish this year with not a single ounce of anxiety during the swim......that said and for any first time triathletes....get at least one open water practice before your race! My new FULL CARBON Planet X tri bike performed awesome! Needs a few gear tweaks, but my confidence on the bike was unreal, with some training in the aero position and just bike training overall....I will advance my avg speeds over the next few years for sure....this race 18.4 mph avg on a tough, hilly course! The run was another great leg for me this year too...ran it in 8:58 avg miles and without the extereme heat, could have done even better. Guys, I was so happy to come out of the water this year, it really boosted everything. Trust me, if I can accomplish the swim...anyone can....I could barely swim 25 meters just 1.5 years ago...and I finished my longest competitve swim to date at 1/2 mile.....it;s a great feeling....thanks for the support of my crew!

129/175 on the swim,
63/175 on the bike,
52 of 175 on the run-
68 of 175 overall......
60 of 126 males

Full results are available at online race results http://www.onlineraceresults.com/ and search for Lakewood Valley Triathlon.

No comments: