Monday, June 14, 2010

Karl's Update, June 2-14

June 2-8 Vacation! We had a super time at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort in Ft. Lauderdale.
I admit to doing very little training. I ran on the beach one day for about 18 minutes and took another nice beach walk one other day with my family. Other than that, I did a lot of swimming both for fun and some open water training.
After one day back in the office on June 9th, I was back on a plane for a June 10-11 Dallas meeting of the CASE District IV board.
While in Dallas, I visited Daniel Frid, Exec. VP for Integrated Athletic Development at their 100,000 sq. ft. facility in Carrollton, TX. If you live in that area and want to take your or your child's athletic performance to the next level, go see Daniel.
I did run for an hour yesterday (Sunday, June 13). It was nice being back out on a nice, easy long run. I look forward to getting back to some regular training over this week. With another 10% state-mandated budget cut on the table, it promises to be a hectic and stressful remainder of the month. I'll need the exercise to help see me through it.
On a personal note, the family and I saw the new Karate Kid movie yesterday. I highly recommend it, especially for those of you with kids. It's rated PG.
Big shout out to Claude on completing another triathlon this past weekend. He is showing the way this year in racing. Way to represent TTT!
Look forward to hearing from all my TTT teammates and anyone else who keeps up with us through the blog. All of you inspire me.
Kia Kaha!

No comments: