Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bacon Weekly

Mon-Travel San Antonio
Tues- 2 mile run
Wed-off
Thurs-Shoulders,legs, abs
Fri- Arms,back,abs
Sat-off
Sun- Chest-tri, abs

Missed posting the previous week, but was the same strength week as above. I;m in my 3rd week of strength training and really enjoying it. Something different is good at this time. On a scary note,now ok though....I had my annual physical exam a few weeks ago and all appeared good until my blood exam which yielded some extremly high liver enzyme counts...your SLTs and ALTs....these reading determine if you liver is functioning properly...normal ranges for both are 0-40....one of mine was 166 and one 347....the nurse didn't sound so hot on these numbers on the phone and asked questions and provided info that was quite alarming.... so after my travel to San Antonio we tested again....lots of in between story here, but to say, on 2nd test they had lowered a great deal....we believe to have pinpointed the culprit that was Advil Sinus....as I know understand, anti inflams are extremly hard on the liver. Do your own research on this please, but this stuff (any NSAID) is not meant to be the everyday or even every week answer. She told me to stick to Tylenol. Last week was a tough week as I waited to test again and get the new results...gave me an additional appreciation for a healthy body I continue to strive to achieve and a new perspective to reaching too quickly for meds. On your annual check-up, ask your doc what's right for you or do some of your own research on these everyday medications we assume are ok because they sit front and center on the shelf....

No comments: