Sunday, April 24, 2011

Miller Weekly/Bi-monthly Update

Sorry for missing another week of updates last week. I was honored to have fellow TTT members Bighead and Sweet Willy in Austin last weekend. We started with margaritas at 5pm on Friday and after some shooters of tequila and bourbon and some beers, let's just say that Saturday was a LONG day. We did manage to make the UT v Texas Tech baseball game on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, the Longhorns lost but not after an exciting last inning rally attempt. Bighead had to go back to Michigan on Sunday, so Ashley stayed at our home and I took Monday off work so we could hang out. It was great having the boys in town and we partied like it was 1999...at least for one night.
Here is my weekly report:
Monday Normally a rest day but I got a 1600 m swim in after taking Ashley to the airport
Tuesday 1:20 hours bike long hill climbs (6x5' hill climbs at VO2Max)
Wednesday 38 minute run lactate intervals (3x3' intervals at VO2Max); did this on the treadmill in order to keep the intervals steady. Killer workout!
Thursday Drove to Houston for work; no workout
Friday Kids off school, so I took the day off work. 48 minute Fartlek Run (8x30" at VO2Max intervals). Did this on the treadmill at 9mph intervals. I had to walk the five minute cool down because I felt faint. I'd had some chest congestion and cough but tried to fight through it. Probably not a good idea.
Saturday Woke up not feeling "right." Body aches, some chills, and still had the chest congestion and sore throat from my cough. Decided rest was in order and I did NOTHING all day.
Sunday Feeling a little better today but still have that darn cough. Plan to err on the side of rest rather than trying to push through a workout. Will instead enjoy an Easter Sunday chilling with the family.
Have a great Easter, All! And make this a GREAT week!
Kia Kaha!

No comments: