Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- run
Tues-run
Wed- 38 mile bike at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, KY
Thurs- swim
Fri- 5 miles in Park City, Utah...elevation 6100
Sat- 3.5 miles in Park City Utah...elevation 6100
Sun- off

Sorry for the late report and missing a few details of my actual exercises, but just returned from a trip with my wife and forgot much...vacation can do that to ya.... had a great ride on Columbia with Chris Schmidt, Dean Adams, and the LWC Mtn bike Coach Dave Grigsby...the day started with my boy Schmidt putting a fat clean up and new part exchange on my bike which got my ride smoothed out; then a great ride with the boys and a truck load of chasing dogs over 40 miles...they need to do some spading in that part of KY. Then Samantha and I headed out to Park City, Utah for a little R&R....man, was it big fun; especially spending some 1-1 time with Samantha..it was tough leaving the kids as most of you know and especially that far away, but everyone did great. My runs was surreal, I broke pre-dawn back to back days so I would be running when the sun eclipsed the mountains and boy did it smooth me out....I got so juiced on the first run that I had a rush of energy like none I had ever felt...could have been the elevation crushing my chest, but was really nice...had only planned a short 3 mile run but stroked out 2 extra really tough incline miles... road bikes everywhere...they had a race on Sat and one on Sunday...crazy......the shops there are mad crazy...expensive too... signed up for my next tri in Evansville on Aug 15th so back in the groove for the next couple of weeks until the race. Just found out that I have a femoral hernia that will require surgery to fix, so my race season will end early this year and put me out for the fall runs most likely; however if I can finish the triathlon in a few weeks, I'll put a good year to bed.

No comments: