Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fw: HH100

 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 6:36 PM
Subject: HH100

Here is a snapshot of my ride.  Average HR 127.  Average speed 15.95 mph.  If you subtract the SAG wagon time (I had two flats) from 3:12 - 3:38 you can see that it took me 6:16 minutes and that includes stops to refill with water and bathroom breaks.  Significant improvement over BDB where that 6 something was just our ride time but with stops we were over 8 hours.  I burned 5100 calories. 
 
I was fairly healthy afterwards - had some neck pain and big toe pain but other than that not bad.  I think I could have jogged a half marathon but it would have hurt Smile emoticon    Honestly the tire issues were a blessing.  To this day I had never changed a tire on my bike (3 years riding now) so it was probably good to get that out of the way and to get to do it twice was a plus.  Notice my heart rate before and after my tire issues.  I was trying to make up time, the wind was blowing harder, and the heat was coming on.  If I could have kept it down where it was during the first half I would have been nice and healthy come the run.  The 4 hour mark is always my nemesis - same in Marathon, same in Half-Ironman, same in century rides - guess I need to do longer workouts.
 
All in all it was a great result for me.  Exactly the pace I wanted to set and I kept heart rate right where it needed to be.  Now back to training.
 
Can you post this or forward to Team Topper Tri?  They all texted and wish me luck - I really appreciated that.  Helped me stay focused today especially during my tire issues.
 

1 comment:

CBacon said...

Mark...despite the flats a great finish and will only prepare you for the real deal...also good to see what hurts and what times so you'll know what to expect...proud of your finish and heck, even signing up and doing solo is an accomplishment...live..learn...finish