Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon-Sun- Off week

First, Happy Birthday to Karl...you've earned some cake, so enjoy!

Zero to report here boys...took an entire week off of training after last week's triathlon and really felt good; although I felt extremly guilty at times for not doing anything especailly when I was chowing down on some chips and burgers. Back in the water in the morning. Have 2 very busy travel weeks ahead of me so need to keep up the swim and run while away and few bike options are available. These 2 weeks set me up for a hernia sugery on the Sept. 14th and I'll be down for a few weeks so it's important for me to stay fit from now until the 14th cause not sure how long I'll be out....would like to be back for the Bowling Green 10K Classic. On that note, I am very proud of Samantha as she asked me for a 5k training program and wants the BG Classic to be her first official running race...she completed her first week of training this week...she's sore, but continued to talk about it and told her friends too, so now she's locked in! Also glad to hear today from my friend Brent from Bowling Green ...he had already been running again for a few months; however now has joined his swim group this week and is looking at bikes too....I'm proud of him for jumping in the ring...he'll be fun to do some races with and train with too. He and Karl did some swimming togather back in BG and I remember Karl telling me that he was solid in the water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Samantha how proud of and happy for her I am. And you enjoy some time off. You earned it! Thanks for the birthday wish. I had one of my best birthdays ever.