Sunday, May 16, 2010

Are You Making the Time for What's Truly Important?

My apologies for not having posted in so many days and weeks. Yes, life has been busy but isn't it always? I try not to be one who blames not doing someting on not having the time. I realize that it's all about priorities. We do those things we make time to do. I just have not made time for my blog and I lament that. I went into this with great goals and expectations. Perhaps it's not too late. I have my theories as to why I have not been able to focus on my blog and even why I have yet to find a "sweet spot" in my endurance athletics training, but I digress...

The photo I've attached is of my brother Mark and my friends Claude (@claudebacon), Dave (@bikecoachdave), Dean (@padeaner1), and Chris (@bigschmidtdog) after completing the 100 mile Shiner GHASP ride on Saturday, May 1. This was Dean's first century ride and we are all so proud of being there to be a part of it with him.

I'm so grateful for my brother and my friends. My brother drove from Flower Mound (nearly 4 hours away), Claude flew in from Kentucky, and the rest of the guys made a road trip out of it, driving 19 hours one-way from Columbia, Kentucky. A bunch of Kentucky boys gave up Derby Day (the first Saturday in May) to spend the day biking 100 miles through Central Texas.

I may lament the fact that I have not made the time for the blog, but I am proud that my friends and I made time to get together for this incredible experience. It would have been very easy for each of us to find a myriad of excuses for not participating. It's too far, it's too long a ride, it's a Saturday, it's too hot, it's Derby Day, it's too expensive, and on, and on. We made the time because we wanted to get together and we wanted to ride 100 miles through Central Texas...together.

There is always a chance you will regret doing something. But I believe you will regret not doing it even more. (I'm assuiming legal and moral boundaries apply). 

I may not be doing all the things I want to do, or planned to do, or wish I could do, but I believe I am doing all the things I should be doing. And more importantly, I am doing them with and for the people who matter most in my life.

Posted via web from Karl Miller Lugo

No comments: