Sunday, May 23, 2010

Karl's Weekly Update

Monday Off
Tuesday 45 minute run (negative split by almost three minutes)
Wednesday Off
Thursday 45 minute run
Friday Off
Saturday Off
Sunday 1:15 run. Raced a couple of passing runners from a local training group during the middle of the run. Made the final 15 minutes a real chore.

After a couple of weeks not posting, it's nice to be back on TTT. I'm still concentrating on running but I did get my CycleOps bike trainer repaired, so I plan to get some biking in moving forward. (On a related note, my trainer has a lifetime warranty. I received a brand new CycleOps in trade for the leaky one I sent in. Very nice!)

The kids start their final week of classes tomorrow and we are scheduled to leave for vacation next Tuesday. I'll be doing my training on the beach next week.









No races scheduled so far and I'm not sure I'll be signing up for any. I may take this year off competition and just concentrate on strengthening my bike and run for 2011. My life is more balanced right now than it's been in well over a year and I'm enjoying reconnecting with my family and life in general. I'm sleeping better and I feel healthier than I did while training so hard last year.

Hope to hear from everyone this week. We've not been regularly contributing to the blog this year and I miss hearing from many of you. Hope all is going well.

Until next week,

Kia Kaha!

No comments: