Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 4 miles @ 9:46
Tues- 1950 Meter Swim- Various Drills
Wed- 4 miles @8:50
Thurs- off
Fri- 3 miles @ 9:32
Sat- 4 miles @ 8:28
Sun- 1600 Meter Swim- Various Drills

Great week that included another traveling week that I was able to run around. I had 2 killer swim workouts this week as our class coach has me more focused on drills and getting faster than the endurance. I've built my endurance to a consistent level now and feel more confident than ever in the water from a distance perspective. That's great considering I have 2 sprint tri back to back in a few weeks. Searching for a tri-bike right now and I've been blowing up Miller and Schmidt looking at bikes on Ebay trying to get the right deal. Big news for Samantha too...She ran her fastest 2 miles to date at 18:51 or 9:25 miles. I am very proud of her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great stuff. Getting faster in the water is a good idea for those sprint tri's you have upcoming. Looks like you are getting some good distance totals in. I would recommend one brick workout per week putting in 45-60 min on the bike followed by 15-30 min run at race pace. I wish I had done more brick workouts for my Oly and sprint races. You'll kill those races!
That is awesome about Samantha! Tell her I said it will be no time before she's kicking your butt. (She's already faster than I am.) :)