Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bacon Weekly

The Bacon Weekly is back after a few weeks away from the blog. In fact, I've submitted no reports on the blog since my back to back marathon race; then Century ride with the boys in Texas. Just wanted to take a break for the formal nature in my training. That said, I have contnued to train, just not report, no watch, heart rates, etc. After another week off after the Texas bike, I refocused to the coming months and that brings two sprint triathlons back to back in a few weeks. I have pushed quickly to get back in swim form and endurance. Joining a tri lunch class and running to round out my training. Have focused some time to get a proper tribike fit at Schellers in Clarksville, IN and with my measurements am on the hunt for my first tri bike. Good thing I got the fit too.....I am currently riding a 1996 58cm Trek and measured a 54 cm Trek by the latest geometric fit. As it was explained, bike geomotry changes every so often, so be sure to get the bioke fit every so often. A 58cm bike would have swallowed me if I had just used the same measurement. This week consisted of runs and swims of variety...3 swims, many drills and a 3/4 mile constant swim and 3 maintence runs. Also of note, Samantha and I had a chance to run together yesterday as the kids were with the grandparents and I really enjoyed it but I ran her up some monster hills in Hopkins County, so I hope she wants to come again!

No comments: