Monday, December 6, 2010

Bacon Weekly- Holiday Hustle 2010


Mon- Shoulders, legs, core

Tues- 1200 M swim, mix of drills and FS

Wed- Arms,back, core

Thurs- 3.5 miles at race pace (watch battery died)

Fri- Chest,triceps, core

Sat- 2010 Holiday Hustle- 23:53, 35/160 finishers, First place 35-39

Sun- off



High activity week for Bacon, finding 6 days to lay out effort in preperation for the Holiday Hustle 5k. Took home the title for 2nd year in a row despite running about a minute slower than last year. I was in marathon training last year and much speedier than I am now during strength training....thanks for having some fun with me while texting after the race... Temp was cold, about 34 and plenty of rain left the course slick with some puddles and mud....held off a charge by the 2nd place finisher to keep the title...he's a good runner and made his move on me in the last .5 mile when I was already toast! I looked in my rear view mirror too many times, but possibly motivated my speed. Another good week of strength training and have finnished the endurance part of the program which was lower weights, higher reps....this morning began the SIZE portion of the training where the traditional 3 sets, 10 reps routine comes to play....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job, Bacon! Way to represent! Best I've been able to pull was a 3rd in my age group (my same time didn't make top 7 the following year), so I look up to you #1 guys!