Monday, December 13, 2010

Checking In

I have not forgot about my TTT brothers and felt like it was time to check back in. Many of you know I have had one of the toughest semesters of course work to date. I simply needed to shut down any training and focus on training my brain. Any explanation of the hours I have put in the last 6 weeks would seem like and exaggeration so I will not even try. Lets just say that coffee and lack of sleep has been a norm. The good news is that I survived another semester of Doc work. I have stuff to work on during the holidays but at a much more casual pace.



First, very proud of all of you. I continue to find a tremendous amount of inspiration and comfort from all of the updates. Dino, I think you will absolutely love the NYC marathon, I hope you get in. Keep it up and continue fighting. Bacon, you are just a machine, you are as happy and fulfilled as I have every seen you during our friendship. I find a tremendous amount of strength from that, keep it up brother. Karl, You are the ring leader to this band of misfits. Your tweets and links are an important part of my research. I can not begin to tell you what an asset you have been. Also, your perspective on work, family, health, and life in general are the things that keep me focused on the prize.

As for me, classes at Lindsey have ended and I have a nice break until my own classes begin again. I have planned an intense 8 week training program. Different from things I have done in the past. Hopefully there will be some changes in performance. The details will be revealed later.

L3-Live, Learn, and Lead.

Schmidty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Schmidt Dog, you know I keep up with you on Twitter and YOU have been my inspiration with your PhD work over the past semester. Man, you have worked your butt off and I will take pride in calling you Dr. Schmidt Dog when you realize your goal. Keep up the great work!