Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 4.5 mile run
Tues- Strength Program
Wed- off
Thurs- 5 mile run
Fri- 1600 M FS swim- 35 minutes
Sat- St. Patricks Day 10K- unsure of place 52:52
Sun- off

This was a return to fitness week and missing an entire week the previous due to the flu and it really set me back in preperation for the 10k..... my race time was 3 minutes slower than the previous year, but treated it more like a training run than a race; however I reached out and passed a few when I could...started with a slower pace which was nice for me compared to my normal rabbit style but I just didn't have it in me to run fast....great overall fitness week though as this was my long swim for the start of the season and I felt great in the water overall...a pinched nerve in shoulder is causing me some neck pain though. I'm very proud of Samantha as she finished her 5k yesterday in 35 minutes...as you know this is 4 months after full foot sugery so she was pleased that she could run and finish despite some pain...adapt and overcome... Bacon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice week of work. You toed the line and finished the race. That's what matters. Well done! Great swim for the start of the year. 1600 in 35 is a nice pace. Bodes well for your year in the water. Give my congrats to Samantha. Great to have her back in the game.