Sunday, March 13, 2011

Karl Weekly Update

Monday Recovery Day

Tuesday Bike Trainer Short Hill Climbs 1 Hour w/ 7X1 minute in BG/11

Wednesday 45 minute foundation run

Thursday Bike Trainer Power Intervals 1:20 hours w/ 8x20 seconds in high gear

Friday Rest Day (Took the day off work to volunteer at my daughter’s school. Big fun!)

Saturday 50-mile ride. 25 miles north with wind at our back were terrific; 25 miles back were BRUTAL! Took about 30 minutes longer coming back. I felt really strong on the bike yesterday. I can tell the bike workouts are paying dividends. I was in the big gear most of the day. Passed a lot of riders and my motivation was high.

Sunday 1 hour foundation run. Legs were HEAVY from yesterday’s ride. Had a hard time finding my rhythm and not feeling like I was clopping along. The last 30 minutes felt a little smoother.

Still have not been to the pool. Plan to remedy that this week. I have a couple of days off to spend with the kids during their spring break, so I’m going to take advantage of that time to at least make it to the pool to get my membership paid for. That way I can start getting at least one good long swim session in per week each weekend.

Working on a personal project for which I could use your prayers/send me good Karma. I’ll brief you guys more as things develop.

Make it a great week, All!

Kia Kaha!

No comments: