Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bacon Weekly

We'll I'm back after about a 2 week hiatus; however have some random workouts to my belt. Ran, for the first time, with my brother Bryan who was on a his 2 week break from Iraq. He's lost about 35 pds and really looking and feeling great...we did a 3 miler in the hills of Gatlingburg; the following week had a great swim with Karl in Austin...he's a stud in the pool guys...he analyzed my stroke and I was able to watch his really great form..it was fun and educational. Did a 4 miler in some great weather today...preparing for a 40 mile bike race this weekend (morning) followed by a 10K in the evening....should be a fun test....The race is the Hilliard Lyons Fitness Classic and was my first race last year I ran the 5k and placed 3rd (that was the bug that really juiced me too)....wow, when I step back and look at how far I've come in 1 year.. In the past year and multiple times for some...I ran a 5K, 10K, and 1/2 Marathon...I rode 20,40, and 100 mile bike races...I trained to swim 1/2 mile and attempted my first sprint triathlon... that's a heck of a ride for a fat boy! Keep on pushing guys...Let me know how I can help....

No comments: