Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dinos Weekly

I logged in over 20 miles of running at various paces. Have been doing a lot of speed work in preparation for my quest to repeat as Rough River Dam Magnolia 5k 35-39age group champion. The work paid off as I came in 11th place out of about 100 runners. I won my age group again with a 20:39 time (6:39 pace). Pretty proud of that one because I thought I had dropped off significantly since the Derby Marathon. It was also hot and humid with a few big hills. I have gained about 6 pounds since April. Not showing the 6 pack anymore, but still in good shape. Still trying to break the 20 min barrier for a 5k and will someday. My personal best is 20:01. Glad to hear you guys had a nice week of training. Bacon is sounding good....... and miller as always is rocking steady for Arizona. Keep up the good work men. Continue to be grateful for those around you. Without their support.... we would be very little. Also continue to influence those little ones. They grow up way to quickly and turn into big turds! Train hard men and believe in the Run!

dino

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Bacon are running studs! First place in your age group...I could only wish and dream. I can do a sub 20 for 2 miles on a good day. :-) Excellent work! You guys have fast twitch muscles just waiting to be let loose. I bow down in awe...and some envy. Way to rock it, Dino!