Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 200 meter drills, plus 400 meter constant
Tues- Open water swim in Texas at Quarry Lake with Karl 750 with 2 stops, plus warm up
Wed- 3 mile easy outside run at Hotel Texas
Thurs- off
Fri- 3.5 mile run at HR zones 2&3
Sat- 600 meter swim..NO BREAKS!!!
Sun- 900 meter swim...NO BREAKS!!!! plus 3.5 mile run..(haven't done yet)

BIG week for the me....as you have seen in Karl's post, we had a great open water swim session on Tuesday followed by a classic Karl mental therapy session that lead me to 2 big swims yesterday and today. See I was still lacking some mental preparedness and focus until my Texas trip...I came back knowing that I can do it physically, so on Karl's advice...I just stuck with distance sessions, so Saturday I did the 600 and really felt like I could do more, but didn't and wanted to pace myself, so today I intended on uping the distance by only 100, but again felt so good that I just kept going and easily reached the 900 mark and could have done 900 more the way I felt. I crossed the barrier today men....I have reached a new level and I am pumped....I'm going to continue the big distances and do it again and again....I'll beat this thing at some point....thanks for all your guys encouragement as I navigate the dangerous waters of the YMCA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

600 and 900!!! That is excellent! Great work! You are over half-way to the mile! I see a half IM in your future...2010?
Make it a great week!