Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 45 min/ 800 M drill swim
Tues- 4 mile race pace run
Wed- 950 M swim, 100 warm-up, 800 M with 20 sec rest after 200M, 50 cool down
Thur- Bike- 10 mile low intensity
Fri- 3 mile HR zone 1 run
Sat- 2009 Hilliard Lyons Health and Fitness Classic 29 mile bike race and 10K run
Sun-off

Good workout week that culminated to a great day of racing and family fun on Saturday. Started yesterday morning with a personal best on the bike averaging 18.4 mph for 29 miles and all that with 4 gears..2 in the big ring and 2 in the small ring, my bike is in shambles and needs BIG love...and on a tough butt course...many, many short but STEEP hills that kep the HR drilled and punished my legs...I really didnlt want to push too hard cause I had the 10K in the afternoon but you guys understand the spirit of competition and I could not hold back.. next was the kids race and Maggie Beth and Hadley had been talking about it for a week...they had a blast too, neither were contenders for the title but think they are greased lighting....next was Samantha and the 5K and I caxnnot tell you how proud I was of her...she bested her 5K time by 8 minutes as she ran a portion and walked the other parts...she too is becoming a victim of competition and wanting to take the next step and start a beginner running program...she was full of smiles as she crossed the finish..then I capped of the evening with a 50:42 10k (5th in my age group) that missed my personal best by 2 minutes, but a fun run....humidty was killer, could not keep the water off of me and bogged my pace down overall...the 29 mile ride in the morning certainly didn't help, but overall a great day for my family and me. Plus I was quite proud of my LinGate family...our company won the corporate challenge by logging in 23 LinGate partcipants and I accepted a very nice plaque at the awards ceremony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is HUGE! I was smiling the whole time just reading it. I don't remember you telling me Samantha was also getting in the game. And the age group top 10 after that grueling bike ride...EPIC! Real proud of you! Kia Kaha!