Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekly Review (Feb. 8)- Karl

I posted this on the Wordpress blog last week.

Monday- 45 minute bike trainer session
Tuesday- Travel to Dallas
Wednesday- Travel from Dallas
Thursday- 45 minute bike trainer session
Friday- 45 minute run, 5.1 miles, 8:52 avg. pace
Saturday- 1.5 hour bike trainer session
Sunday- 1 hour run, 6.87 miles, 8:44 avg. pace

Another good week. Gave my legs a couple of weeks off from the half-marathon, so I’m slowly building back up the mileage. This was also my first week adding a long bike session. I plan to continue building some longer bike sessions into the week.
Starting next week, I plan to run for at least 30 minutes off the bike immediately after that long session. As the triathlon season nears, it’s good to get my legs used to running off the bike.Nutrition has been good. I’m not being too strict; just trying to be sensible and moderate.
In closing, I ask you keep our team member Mark in your thoughts. He’s had a killer sinus infection and it’s affected his sight in one eye. He has another doctor appointment on Monday to try to get to the bottom of things. It’s kept him from working or exercising for several days.
Hope the rest of you guys are doing well. I’ve spoken to a few of you this week. I hope to hear from all of you on the blog more regularly. This started as an experiment last year, but I hope it’s grown to something that adds value for all of us. I know I think about my weekly review throughout the week and I especially look forward to hearing from all of you. It motivates to me to know that you guys are out there struggling with life, work, families, and trying to better your lives.
Kia Kaha!

No comments: