Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekly Review- Karl

Monday-Wednesday  Rest

Thursday  30 minute bike trainer session

Friday  Off

Saturday  1 hour high cadence bike session

Sunday 30 minute run, 3.62 miles, 8:23 pace

To my teammates in Kentucky, proud of you and your families for handling the worst winter storm in KY’s history with style and grace. It could not have been easy. Don’t let yourselves feel guilty for falling off your training plans. You did what you had to do.

To the Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans, congratulations…but I still hate the Steelers!

It was a nice easy week for me. I read recently that you should take one day off for every mile you run in a race (e.g., 13 days off for a half marathon, 26 days off for a marathon). Granted, that doesn’t mean a complete day off, but it does mean that you should take it easy. After the soreness wore off sometime Wednesday, I figured a nice easy spin on Thursday was in order.

After a nice easy run yesterday, I took the family for a hike at Enchanted Rock State Park. It was AMAZING! A 425 foot elevation change to some 1825 feet above sea level, the hike was steep and the views were magnificent. Look it up on your computers. Jennifer will have some photos uploaded to her Facebook account soon.

Signed up for my first triathlon of the year: the Capital of Texas Triathlon (Olympic distance). That means I’ll be starting a triathlon training program within the month. Need to find access to a pool. Traveling to Fort Worth this Tuesday and Wednesday. Hope to see Mark while in the DFW area.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: