Monday, March 15, 2010

Bacon Weekly

Mon- off
Tues- 7 miles @ 10:10 avg, 45 degrees- a.m.
Wed- 5 miles @ 10:21 avg, 52 degrees- a.m.
Thurs- off
Fri- off
Sat- 3 miles @ 9:27 avg, 45 degrees, partly sunny, windy
Sunday- 10 miles @ 9:09 avg, 46 degrees cloudy, windy


Interesting week as my body still in shock from the 20 miler and as you can see my pace grinding early in the week and little to no motivation to perform. After a consultation with Coach Miller we decided that an extra day off might do the trick and as you can see...it did...my pace and motivation quickened for the weekend runs. I didn't post-supplement or work on my body well after my 20 miler so had some major lactic build up in the legs...they felt like concrete on every step early in the week and the pain was severe, so that broke me down a bit. But this brings up a good point about this blog for the current members or the visitor who stops by to read our adventures and that is..... use each other here...without my interaction with Karl last week about my pain, motivation, etc....I doubt I would have recovered as well physically and mentally...and we all have plenty to offer each other, plus if you're a visitor...come aboard and join what we are doing...it will help you no matter if you're training for your first 5K or your 50th marathon....if 50th marathon you'll be teaching us (smile).... A long way to say thanks to you guys for your support, but thanks...I choose no other group to share my stories....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are da freakin' man. Our running guru. While I do appreciate your kind remarks, I did nothing but just concur with your already prudent decision. The student has become the master.
I also agree with what you say about this group being such a wonderful resource. I have learned more through each of you than I could ever get from scouring the Internet or the local bookstore. You guys are living the lifestyle while holding on to your roles as husbands, employees, fathers, and brothers. There is nothing more relevant than this for me to base my experience. Thank you to each of you for letting me tag along for this ride.