Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bacon Weekly

Mon- Off
Tues- 7 miles at 9:08 avg pace-
Wed- travel Atlanta
Thurs- 3 miles at 10:48 avg pace
Fri- off
Sat- Owensboro Parks and Rec St. Patrick's Day 10K race-
7:55 avg pace- 49:27 total - avg Hr 174
Sun- off

Great start to the week, crappy middle of the week, great race with sinus infection, sick today.

What a roller coaster week for me... a travel week to Atlanta derailed my training due to long working days and poor hotel opportunities (really bad treadmills and only a small parking lot to run) to fit in the mileage....the lack of sleep with time change and late dinners made it tough for sure. Was still able to put together a nice run at only 7 seconds off a PR, but at a cost I think...I was not feeling so hot yesterday morning but raced hard anyway and likely pushed me into an advanced sinus infection, so I'm taking the extra day off today and reorganizing my training schedule for next week. Samantha had plans to do the 5k too, but got sick just before we left, still went to the race to toe it up, but another sick episode in the car had her pull out and went home...she was disappointed, but will plan another one soon. Need to feel better this week as I prepare for a 22 miler on Sunday. Another quick story too...as I reached mile 5 I had plans to coast on in, but saw a couple of guys ahead; the competitiveness kicked in and I went on the hunt running 6:30 avg mile to catch them... I did and felt good...thought it was enough to capture a 3rd place finish, but not so....I'll have the total results later today to check my placing and other stats..... keep it real and yo hand out my pocket book....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That competitive spirit will get you every time. Great work! 7:55 avg pace is fantastic. And to keep that heart rate at an average 174 for 49 minutes is crazy! That should bode well for the marathon.
Now, get yourself better for that weekend 22 miler.