Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bacon Weekly

Mon- sick
Tues- 4 miles @9:12 avg pace
Wed- off
Thurs- 7 miles @ 10:12 avg pace
Fri-off
Sat- 22 miles, 3:52 total; 10:36 avg pace, Avg HR 149
Sun- off

Bounced back quickly on Tuesday after a major stomach flu bout ran through the house...Started with Samantha; then the girls; then me. Was a 24 hour deal and oddly enough was 100% by Tuesday afternoon and the same for the family. Missed 2 runs for life days, but prepared me nicely for another long run on Saturday. Headed out about 7 a.m. for the 22 miler on a perfect near-spring Kentucky morning...46 degrees and sunny....this run had a cool twist too..about an hour into the run and running through campus of Kentucky Wesleyan College I ran into a contingent of Kappa Deltas setting up for what I learned was a 5k race to benefit Muscular Dystrophy. One of the ladies recognized me and asked that I come back in an hour and run the race with them, so I headed down to the Ohio River turned around and came back..asked one of them to fill out me entry sheet for me and I signed it on the fly and kept running until the race start and I just joined in and ran a 5K which ended being miles 14,15,and 16 and was a nice boost at a tough part of my long run. They gave me a t-shirt, I grabbed a piece of bagel and a water at the finish and just kept going...I promised them a donation on Monday morning, so I'm pitching in $100 for their efforts.....was a different experience too as I could not be competitive and just had to run my training pace and not be tempted faster...no worries on that cause I was in pain! Got back to the house at mile 20 and ran the last 2 miles in a .5 circle around my neighborhood...man, the last 2 were tough...bent down about every half mile for 5 secs in the last 2 miles to make it....My new goal is too finish this thing inside of 5 hours! I had a better long run this round cause I started my pace slower and that helped me in the end...I'll try to kick it up race day and leave it all out there....

No comments: