Monday, January 31, 2011

Back to Work

I know I have not been posting but I have been following very closely the endeavors of my brothers. All of you are inspirational. Dino, your workouts are even that much more impressive when I think of your work schedule. Feeling older is just part of it, but I guarantee your more fit then most guys half your age. I am also excited that you are committed to GABRAKY, I hope our other TTT brothers make the commitment. Bacon, you are going to be flying this year, I think you have figured out the full plan and are really putting things together. I am looking forward to us having the fitness day in Columbia this week. Miller, you are one Tough Mudder!! Rebecca shared the photos from Face Book with me and it looked like a blast. I cant wait for the full report.

As for me, course work started again this weekend. One final year of work and by May 2012 I should be Dr. Schmidt. Still a lot of work to done between now and then. However, I am feeling good and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. As for my personal fitness, I have been working on a plan throughout the winter. I have partnered with Toby Young and we have become regular training partners. He is doing a 1/2 Ironman in April so I am training along side him and coaching him through some areas. Our strength training, runs, bike, and swim workouts have been insane the last two months. I feel incredible and haven't even started to put in real bike mileage yet. I have also been experimenting with a nutrition plan, so I hope to share that with you soon.

My primary focus is still my doctoral work, but I promise to do some racing throughout the year. I especially look forward to each of your updates. Keep working hard!!

L3- Live, Learn, and Lead
Schmidty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dr. Schmidt...like the sound of that. TTT brothers work the body AND the mind. Love it!