Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bacon Weekly

Mon- Shoulders, Legs, core
Tues- 3 mile run
Wed- Arms, back, core
Thur-off
Fri- Chest,tri
Sat- off (not by choice)
Sun-off

This was the final week of the hypertrophy stage of my strength training program and now entering the final month which is the power/strength stage where the set-up is 85% of 1 rep max, 4 sets, 5 reps. I made some real progess with this program which started on Oct. 3rd...progress is measure by me in amount of weight Ive increased in time, plus size, and I know it will pay off when my tri training begins in a short amount of time...I snuck in a quick measurement of my bicep and it's increased 1 inch since beginning...no Hulk Hogan size 18 pythons, but good for a few months of work. I've gained some significant muscle weight too, but unforntuanatly that's hard to differentiate from the holiday weight I added. Treat time is all but finished now and I have some real fun gobbling them up! Have plans to head up to Columbia, KY to get a fun day of activites in with Schimdt and the boys....anxious to swim in the new pool and do a run around my old stomping grounds. didn;t think about doing a 2010 wrap up like last year, but it was a great fitness year for me, and overall great year for my family. God has played the most signifincant part of our year and we'll try to remember to give Him the praise for it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hypertrophy? Isn't that a really HUGE trophy? Seriously, great work. Your strength training will make a big difference in your year, especially given some of your goals and considering you have some 10 months of training and racing ahead. You're going to ROCK it!