Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bacon Weekly

Mon - Fri- Sinus Infection recovery period

Sat- 5 mile Artic Blast Run
Sun- 1000 M Freestyle and Drill swim


Finally recovered from my back injury and the worst sinus infection I've had in years. It literally put me in bed immediately after dinner each of 5 nights of last week. I was 90% on Friday but held off a workout until Saturday, where I ran on the coldest day of the year in Oboro and felt great. I can still say that running outdoors in the cold and even extreme cold weather is by far the most enjoyable run for me personally and I feel like I could run forever at a comfortable pace ...that said, I don't enjoy suiting up and peeling all that crap off! The final 2 weeks of my strength program start tomorrow and I need to decide what my next phase will be. I do know that whatever it is; it will include 2 days of strength training.... I can now see and feel the benefits of a regualr strength regimen in my tri,running, cycling, and swim training.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to know you got through the sinus infection. The rest will do you good.
Can't say I enjoy it as much as you do, but I will agree that running in the cold (cool) adds to your endurance. That heat definitely saps you.
If I had to do anything over again during my IM training, it would be to have done more regular core work. It's amazing the difference a strong core makes in your physical endurance. Keep it up! I can guarantee the benefits.
You guys are inspiring! Thanks for sharing your ups and downs.