Sunday, January 23, 2011

Karl's Weekly Update

Monday 30 min run. Took the kids on their bikes and our dog. I went a little faster than I'd planned but it was a good run.
Tuesday Push, pull, and sit ups
Wednesday Work travel
Thursday Off
Friday Push, pull, and sit ups
Saturday Brick (1 hour bike, 15 minute run)
Sunday Push, pull, and sit ups

The upper body and core work are seeing results. I'm getting stronger and my physical endurance on runs and the bike is much better. I'm excited to see what happens when I start building my aerobic endurance in February.

Work is a little stressful. The state budget is a mess and rumors abound about what that will mean in layoffs/job elimination. I try to stay above the paranoia and just concentrate on doing what I'm supposed to do. Exercise helps keep me focused.

The CASE conference I've been working on for a year and a half is finally a month away. There is work to do on it most everyday but our attendance numbers look great (we had to add hotel rooms to our room block) and it looks to be a very successful event.

Mark arrives on Friday and our Tough Mudder event is Saturday afternoon (love having a race you don't have to wake up at 4 am for). Current forecast is for 67 degrees. Fingers are crossed it stays that way. It's going to be an epic afternoon. Going this afternoon to get a few supplies for the day (cheap under armour and gloves) to be prepared.

Keep up the great work, my TTT brothers and sisters.

Kia Kaha!

1 comment:

CBacon said...

encouraging news on the workouts and glad to hear you are seeing the results as that will enforce this regimin in the future. You have worked hard on the CASE deal and it will go off fine and will likely be cited as the best one ever...you guys don't do anything half monkeyed, so no worries there. I'll admit, I'm jealous over you guys and Tough Mudder...can;t wait to see the pics and hear the tales!