Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bacon weekly and race results

Mon-rest
Tuesday- 3.1 mile run
Wednesday-2 mile walk (hotel treadmill)
Thursday- 1 mile walk
Friday- zilch
Saturday- STEP Coalition 5k Classic (23:48)
Sunday- rest


Had a nice recovery week that lead to my fastest time yet in the 5k...was aiming for anything in the 25 minute range and ran at 23:48! I was pumped...first mile was 7:17; then 15:38, then 23:48......the time put me 6th in my age group and 4 of those guys were in the top 5....18:05 won the race. I tied for 25th of 82 racers...would have had the clean 25th spot but the finish line was a chute and my sprint finish had me blowing by the guy but no way to pass...

Since such a strong finish for ME, I'm going to step up and run the 10K Classic in BG; instead of the 5k....nothing else to prove on the 5K this year....would like to end the race with some type of 10K results so I can blow that away next year..... Will start training this week for the 10k...have not ran that far yet....

I have the BDB pictures back and I'll email them to all tomorrow....the finish line photo came out real nice......and a nice picture of Brett just before he caused that guy to DNF!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the LONGHORN!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real proud of you. Looks to me like you have some great untapped potential in running. Look forward to seeing you step up to the next level.

DinoBravo said...

Bacon,

Im signed up for the BG 10K on the 25th, give me a hollar..... we will hook up down there.....


Dino