Monday, October 20, 2008

socks, waist, swim

Forgot to mention in my report that training socks have changed my run. I bought 2 pair of Nike training socks while I was in Destin and ran on them yesterday. As you guys already knew, it completely changed the comfort of my run. If I had known that $7 was all that seperated me from that comfort level, I would have bought them a year ago.

Also, bought 2 pair of 32 waist jeans...guys, I haven't been in a 32 waist since probably 5th grade...being in a 32 at 180 pounds helps me also know that the stength training has certainly paid off.

Sampled some true laps in the pool while on break, I know it will take some training to get my form correct and am searching for a swim coach for the winter as I write.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, the news of your 32 inch waist is outstanding! Congratulations. I know what a big achievement that is. Of course, it means you have to spend more money on new clothes. My suits look like they were made for Eddie Munster!
The socks are a great call. They are a necessity if you plan to keep running. Biking socks also make good running socks, by the way. Just make sure they are NOT cotton only. Those cause blisters.
Happy to hear that you are getting into the pool. Check out Total Immersion for swimming videos and classes near you. That's the best swim instruction around. I've been swimming all my life and just learned how to do it right last year.

DinoBravo said...

good purchase on socks... I've been trying to learn from total immersion also..... got the dvd and book.... seriously thinking about the 2 day seminar in louisville next spring... a little pricy.... around 500 bones for the seminar...... might be worth it.

dino

DinoBravo said...

good purchase on socks... I've been trying to learn from total immersion also..... got the dvd and book.... seriously thinking about the 2 day seminar in louisville next spring... a little pricy.... around 500 bones for the seminar...... might be worth it.

dino